Search
Close this search box.

Claypotts Castle (HS) – Historic Sites & Monuments – Perthshire, Angus & Dundee – Dundee

Claypotts Castle (HES)

Claypotts Castle (HES)

This particularly fine three storey castle was built between 1569 and 1588.

An outstanding example of 16th-century Scottish architecture, which is both intact and little altered. The castle owes its striking appearance to asymmetrical square garret chambers corbelled out over two circular towers at diagonally opposite corners. Built by John Strachan between 1569 and 1588, and later owned by ‘Bonnie Dundee’, John Graham of Claverhouse, it was inhabited into the 19th century. External views only.

Contact and Information

Dundee
DD5 3JY

Get Directions

Exterior can be viewed year-round.